Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 5 - July 5, 2012 - Cake Stand

Today I went with a cake stand as a lot of my upcoming pins involve baking, thought I'd have something to actually put them on! 
Pin Muse
Check my 365 board on Pinterest for the pinner I pinned it from.
Original site this is from http://joshuatrent.com/clay-pot-cake-stand
After

So this is a mini version. My place is small so it really is the perfect side... also flipped the "plate" the other way as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to slide the cake on... or more importantly get the cake off of it easily with the lip there. (although it will have to be a mini cake, or cupcakes, as I think a standard sized cake will not fit on my mini-cakes stand... I'm ok with that!) So it looks like a bit of a mushroom...heehee...but it matches my candy dish! 

Verdict: Super easy. Although I glued before painting.... lesson learned, especially if not using a spray paint (which I wasn't)! Next time I'll paint then glue! Also use a clear shellack stuff  if you are putting food directly on it... or just use a doily if you don't have any of that stuff. I'm not sure if I'm done painting, I think I need to pep it up... so I will be using a doily for now. Thrilled as now I will have something to showcase my forthcoming baking items!

No comments:

Post a Comment